I want to thank everybody who is helping me to understand how best I can help by taking part in my questionnaires. My questionnaire on the second step to living a great life despite chronic illness is now ready and I’d be really grateful if you could spare a couple of minutes to fill it out, if you haven’t already done so. Last week I posted the results, so far, of the first questionnaire exploring energy management. One of the questions asked was ‘what would you most like help with in terms of energy management?’ There were a wide variety of responses to this question and it seems that we all have different priorities in this respect. I will be using this list to design my group coaching program and self study work books. However, I’ve already written various posts about many of the subjects and thought it would be good to share those links now. They may not all address each concern as directly as my new program will, but I hope you’ll find something in the list of links below that will you help in the mean time.
- Spending energy wisely/ finding fulfillment with limited energy
- Recognising limits/ when to stop/not totally wearing myself out all the time/ realistically estimating how much energy things will take/ measuring time and energy
- Practical help with housework or bills etc.
- Balance/ balancing the need to spend time with or talk to people against the suffering involved
- Strategies to build/ improve energy/ perhaps with nutrition or exercise
- Managing emotions, particularly anxiety
- Peoples understanding/ getting the family to understand well enough to accommodate
- Low motivation when energy is low
- Achieving consistency
- Understanding energy management better
- Saying no to other peoples demands
Could I ask a favour? Could you rate any of the articles you read using the 5 hearts that sit directly above the sharing bar that’s found under the list of other posts you might be interested in? Thank you!
Image courtesy of suphakit73 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net