After some very helpful feedback I’ve decided to simplify my self-help survey. It seems that it was too overwhelming, and I totally understand. If any of you reading this are completely recovered and have the stamina for the full survey you can find it here, otherwise I would be really grateful if you could answer any of the questions below. Please feel free to answer as much or as little as you like either as a comment or in an email to email@example.com.
Please help me learn more about what has helped you cope with, manage and recover from ME/CFS. I am interested in the things that we can do to get better and live happy and fulfilling lives. Most of what I write about is what I have learned from my experience, from all the things I have tried and from the many books I have read in my plight to recover. But I am aware that many people experience this condition in different ways and different people find different things helpful. I would like to gather as much information as possible to create a self-help resource that will have something for everyone. I will publish what I learn from this informal survey both on this blog and in the self-help book I am writing. Help me help others by sharing your positive experiences! Thank you so much for your time and energy!
- What sort of things do you do to manage this illness?
- What is the most useful advice you’ve received about illness management?
- Do you have to take measures to improve your quality of sleep? What works best for you?
- Do you think exercise is helpful for this condition? How do you exercise?
- Have you made any changes to your diet that have helped? What changes?
- Which supplements have you found to be useful?
- Have you developed any food intolerances/ gut problems/ blood sugar problems since having this condition? What has helped you with these issues?
- Have you tried relaxation techniques/ meditation/ yoga/ tai chi? How useful did you find it/ them?
- How do you keep your spirits up? What helps you to be happy?
- What support from family and friends have you found to be most helpful?
- Have you had any help from a doctor or alternative health practitioner that has made a real difference? Would you recommend any kind of treatment?
- What do you think is the most important factor contributing to improvements in your health?
Thank you once again for answering whatever you could. Hopefully together we can make life easier and happier for other sufferers of this condition whilst we are waiting for a cure.